23 April 2016

2015 Hong Kong Conference

At the end of my previous post, Bitcoin in the News : Satoshi Roundtable, I gave myself the action to look into the meaning of 'Segregated Witness'. While doing that I discovered a couple of posts on the domain gavinandresen.ninja ('Bitcoin developer. All-around geek.') that offer insights by a bitcoin insider.

That first post links to 'a fantastic presentation on "Segregated Witness" in Hong Kong' by Pieter Wuille, which I embed here.


Scaling Bitcoin - Hong Kong (5:09:16) • 'Streamed live on 6 December 2015'

The presentation starts around 36:00 into the clip. I noted three other related videos on Youtube and tried to put them in order for later viewing; the running time is listed to differentiate them.

The sponsor(?) of the conference is shown as 'Cyberport'. The Wuille presentation is laden with jargon and uses a few acronyms -- UTXO set, P2SH compatible, give time for IBLT, write BIP -- that I need to define. No surprise there. I'll do that in another post. No surprise there either.

No comments:

Post a Comment