04 July 2015

First Post, New Blog

Why this topic? Because I sense that it's important and because I know absolutely nothing about it. A weekly post on this blog will give me the time to investigate a different aspect regularly.

How to start? First I read the main Wikipedia article, from which I took away absolutely nothing. I'm comfortable with both software development and math, but that didn't help at all. My guess is that to understand the Wikipedia article, you first have to understand the subject.

After Wikipedia, I entered the term 'bitcoin' into Youtube and started watching videos. This was more fruitful. General impression: lots of young, fast-talking Silicon Valley types proselytizing on the subject; many references to sinister aspects that make me wonder if it's a sound place to put any money. I'll come back to the videos on my next post.

Why this title ('Bitcoins and Bytes') for the blog? The obvious choices were already taken and I wanted something that wouldn't embarrass me later. Time will tell if I succeeded. I've been blogging long enough to know what else needs to be done. Here are a few administrative tasks to be considered, in the same order that they appear on my other blogs.

  • Description
  • Adsense
  • Resources [links]
  • Comments
  • Archive
  • Search
  • Labels
  • Other blogs
  • News

How long will I blog on the topic? As long as I need to. I'm the sort of person that appreciates a beginning, some continuity, and an end. This post is the beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment